As a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Department for Education took steps to relax the ring-fencing arrangements for the PE and sport premium in the 2019 to 2020 academic year to allow any unspent grant to be carried forward into the 2020 to 2021 academic year. All funds must be spent by March 31st 2021. Here is our plans outlining our unspent funds and the proposed impact for our children.
Under the vision that ALL children leaving primary school are physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport, all schools have been allocated P.E and Sports Premium funding.
At Crabtree Infants School we will work to ensure that the funding is used to achieve self sustaining improvement in P.E and school sport that measures against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.